20060326

Chile Day Whatever - Mate Update

More harsh reality struck this week. I spent weeks lugging a large brick of Yerba Mate over mountain passes, down dusty roads, and past suspicious customs inspectors of two nations. I sacrificed precious luggage space and went to heroic ends to keep the package dry in the worst of conditions. I resisted the temptation to open the bag and enjoy a warm cup of tea during endless rainy days. I endured trials and even tribulations to bring that stupid thing safely home, and now see that my local grocery store has opened an Argentinian section stocked with exactly the same brand of Mate tea. My sacrifice now reaches the level of stupidity as bringing a case of Toblerone back from Europe.

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, March 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh, that's frustrating! But I'm curious, which grocery store is it? I know of at least one in Allston (Mayfair Foods), which carries not only mate but also dulce de leche, dulce de membrillo, and empanada shells-- all good reminders of my childhood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home